Thinking About Becoming a Realtor?
The top 5 things you will need to do before becoming a realtor?
- Look at the Big Picture: Talk to an experienced agent/realtor/manager that’s been in the business for years to see if a career in real estate is right for you.
- Assess your Personal Finances: Its important to ensure you have sufficient capital available to be financially independent for at least 6 months
- Set a Budget: Ensure you set a realistic budget to get you through the educational and early-career building process.
- Prepare Necessary Personal Skills: Make sure you understand the following skills: Math, Research, Organization and Planning, Confidence and persistence, Problem Solving, Computer Knowledge, Negotiating skills, interview techniques, people skills and self discipline.
- Register for the Salesperson Registration Education Program and decide which learning method you will enrol in.
If you’re looking for more information, please feel free to give us a call to arrange a meeting with the office manager or the broker of record.
These meeting's provide new individuals interested in the real estate some insights into a career in real estate. It is our goal to properly educate you on the details of this great industry, so that you can make a fully informed and empowered decision to start an incredibly fulling and rewarding career.
At this meeting, we will cover a wide variety of topics, as well as shed light on the truths and myths of the real estate agent profession.
- What can I reasonably expect to earn my first years?
- Do I need to spend a fortune on advertising?
- Do I need to work seven days a week to be successful?
- How much money do I need to get started?
- What will be my annual costs?
- How should I select a brokerage to work at?
- Should I be a real estate agent?
- How do I find clients?
- How do I start?
If you want to have more control over your life and work, and reap the benefits of hard work, this meeting is for you. It is also great for anyone currently taking their real estate courses, as this will tackle many issues pertaining to selecting the right brokerage, and how to structure a successful business.
For more information feel free to give us a call at 807-623-5011 or
Email us at JoinOurTeam@RoyallepageThunderBay.com